Home / The Ultimate Performance SUV Lands Front and Center on Chrysler Group’s World Headquarters
The Ultimate Performance SUV Lands Front and Center on Chrysler Group’s World Headquarters
Wed, 2011-10-19 11:00Chyrsler Corporation -- October 17, 2011, Auburn Hills, Mich. The most powerful, technologically advanced, high-performance Jeep® vehicle ever has made its way on to Chrysler Group LLC’s Headquarters building in Auburn Hills, Mich.
Early this morning, workers put the finishing touches on a massive building wrap featuring an image of the all-new 2012 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8®. The wrap covers 10 floors on the front of the company’s world headquarters building.
“The 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 takes performance to a new level by combining the brand’s legendary capability and utility and merging it with the renowned advanced performance engineering from the company’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) team,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO - SRT Brand. “This vehicle not only represents the newly formed SRT brand, but the hard work and determination given by the designers and engineers who continue to bring world-class performance, luxury and refinement to a vehicle that is fast and fun to drive.”
Designed and built using the proven SRT formula that raises the performance to astonishing levels, the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 runs from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16 second range, can cover the quarter mile in the mid-13 second range, has a top speed of 160 mph, and brakes from 60-0 mph in 116 feet.
The wrap will be seen by approximately 200,000 drivers and passengers along Interstate 75 in Auburn Hills, Mich., each day.
Build Wrap Facts
- The building wrap covers 10 floors of the 15-floor Headquarters tower
- The entire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 graphic is 116 feet wide and 145 feet tall
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 vehicle is 93 feet wide and 70 feet tall
- SRT8 logo is approximately 40 feet wide and 6 feet tall
- Jeep logo on the vehicle is approximately 5 feet wide and 3 feet tall
- Grand Cherokee text is approximately 42 feet wide and 4 feet tall
- The grille is approximately 27 feet wide and 17 feet tall
- Headlights are approximately 23 feet wide and 9 feet tall
- Fog lamps are 8 feet wide and 6 feet tall
- The hood is 65 feet wide and 20 feet tall
- The windshield is 46 feet wide and 16 feet tall
- The side-view mirrors are approximately 11 feet wide and 7 feet tall
The most powerful, technologically advanced, high-performance Jeep® vehicle ever – the all-new 2012 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8® – brings a combination of Jeep’s legendary capability and utility, merged with the renowned advanced performance engineering from SRT.
Delivering outstanding driving performance in all conditions, and complemented by key SRT attributes – including functional, performance-oriented styling, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking and race-inspired interior appointments – the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 broadens the Jeep vehicle lineup and builds upon the successful launch of the award-winning 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 in the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 delivers 470 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque – an improvement of 50 horsepower and 45 lb.-ft. torque over the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 it replaces. Performance includes 0-60 mph acceleration in 4.8 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16 second range, quarter mile in the mid-13 second range, top speed of 160 mph, and braking power from 60-0 mph in 116 feet.
Your Selected Vehicle:
1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler
97-06 Jeep Wrangler Parts & Accessories
- Body, Doors & Frame
- Bumpers & Towing
- Engine, Air & Fuel System
- Hardtops & Accessories
- Lift Kits, Shocks & Suspension
- Lighting & Bulbs
- Owner's Gear
- Skid Plates & Protection
- Soft Tops & Covers
- Steering & Brakes
- Storage Consoles & Racks
- Tools & Accessories
- Wheels & Tires
- Winches, Recovery & Safety